I wanted to mention in my last post that I had a great surprise from Erica and her husband. She took a huge burden off my shoulders by having her husband cut the blades for all the Franklin windmills out of balsa. She has been a lifesaver this past week as things piled up on me. THANK YOU, Erica, and Mark!!!
February started with the storm of the century. Driving home from North Liberty was quite an adventure on Tuesday. It was 25 miles an hour all the way home, and of course my Garmin didn't know the weather was bad so it took me through the 'Roads Less Plowed'. School was canceled the next day (and in Chicago for the first time in 12 years). I worked at home on Wednesday, and now Thursday. Garner doesn't have science on Thursdays, and the schools in my area are all closed. I have a lot to do, and working at home is a great way to hole up with the computer and concentrate. I also have some work to do on materials, so my husband is unloading my car into the living room so I can do that. I've been gathering things like a scavenger hunt for teaching at the Braille School on Saturday. I haven't had a chance to print off the plans and go through them to make sure I have it all straight.