I have been busy making site visits and working on the final report, as well as Camp Invention and the Final Showcase event. The invitation list for the showcase takes a lot of time, because people change in their job roles, so a list from last year is not necessarily still valid. I checked and rechecked principal names, and superintendent names, and added people from CSI-OSO, and had many, many changes in other categories as well. The list was checked by Jeanne, and parts by Jim, and checked by Deb Johnson, as well as Kim Martin. Each eye that viewed the list was helpful in some aspect. I had Jenny Becker check the Rockwell names, and the IMSEP gang checked their realm. Finally, the invitations went to print.
I met with Kim Martin, who was very helpful in telling me what we do to get the final report done. I hadn't realized how that should be organized, so I spent time on that so that it would be a work in progress that wouldn't sneak up on me as a colossal surprise at the last moment.
I'm going to a Camp Invention training for directors tonight from 5-8. I'm hoping that this is helpful in showing me the big picture of what I will be pulling together. I visited Yukiko's camp, but the nuts and bolts of it are interestingly unfolding.
Yesterday Jim and I drove to HLV, which is quite a drive. We met with Joy Dolmage, who is an amazing hero to me (as all these sites have). She is a first year site, so we carefully went over the procedures for filling out her final report and how to get reimbursed for expenses before the deadline approaches.
Another thing I am working on is Monday's Project Day at GWAEA. Staff will be sharing with each other what they are working on for the agency. I will be sharing a STEM display. I am also looking forward to learning from the other displays.