Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Final Preparations

  The two main events that require a lot of time for me right now are the Final STEM Showcase and Camp Invention.
   The Final STEM Showcase will be held on May 19.  Jim told me that this would require a lot of time and that TIR's in the past of mentioned what a lot of work it is, so he told me that I'd want to get started on it.  The first thing I did was to dig into the computer files to find clues as to what I needed to do.  I printed off what I thought would be valid, and began working on the invitation list, which is quite extensive.  There are 136 people on the list to invite.  This list is being checked by those at Rockwell, Jeanne, Jim and then I am also using the online District Directory.  We added several categories of people to attend, such as math consultants and curriculum directors.  After this list is finalized I will send invitations. I'm waiting to hear if Jeanne wants Save The Date invitations first.
  The second event is Camp Invention. Camp Invention has a big binder that I'm working on getting through. It is full of procedures as well as programing.  I have a meeting today with my camp parent and my on site teacher to touch base on our registration numbers (which are at 16 so far)  and see if there are any questions they have.

  I met with Jim yesterday.  He wants to meet personally with the new sites as well as a couple of the old ones to go over how to write the final reports.  It is such a pleasure to work with someone so thorough, organized and knowledgeable about everything.  I'd have to say he's the highest quality administrator I've ever worked with directly. I have started setting these meetings up, and have two responses confirmed.  I just love it when people do things right!