PBS had a Town Hall Meeting on STEM Education and Attitudes in the US. This event used Twitter, Facebook and interactive technology using Vokle to have a conversation on this. Kids spoke about their experiences, and Al Gore asked them about what kinds of issues were, in their opinions, standing in the way of our world standing on math and science education. Unfortunately, I tuned in at 12:00 and it was winding down, and I realized it must have been a different time zone. Special guests were Arne Duncan, Dean Kamen, Sally Ride, and the Mythbusters Jamie and Adam. I imagine that I will be able to find more info on what happened. I did send out the info to several schools on the meeting. I'll be curious to find out if any classes tuned in from around here.
Wow! I just got an e-mail from Mount Vernon HS thanking me for sending the link, and that they watched it!