Tuesday, November 9, 2010

November 9, 2010

Today we had a Vast Science Team meeting. We started it off by doing our book study, which is on two books called Taking Science To School and Ready, Set, Science. These rare helpful to me because it is a rare opportunity to learn about science along with the consultants.

I got a lot done this afternoon. It's nice to have the luncheon behind me so I can focus on what I need to do to get organized for the next steps. I compiled the information including the Grant Sites, contact info, the dates I know of that they have chosen to meet and such. I also got the agenda pasted into my form for the OSO-CSI meeting tomorrow so that I can take notes properly, and made a list of the member's names so I could just check off who was there from my seat instead of relying on their attendance, which I didn't get a copy of last time.  I also went through all my e-mails and found all of the correspondence concerning EIE kits so I could make a projection on which kits people were checking out for sure, which kits they might want and when, and which grants included mention of kits. I wanted to make sure we had enough kits of the ones that I could predict might be ordered.  I think it's exciting to see the increase in the use of these kits.  I do think Grant Wood AEA is driving an exciting change by being innovative and creative in their science leadership, and the EIE kits are an example of that.