I haven't posted in awhile. Blogs probably don't want to hear of all my self-doubt and struggles to understand how to do my best here when I've been somewhere 28 years and feeling like I knew what I was doing most of the time.
I've been working on preparing two workshops; one for EIE kits and one for Ideas and Inventions. I have been trying to get to my Grant Sites. They aren't all meeting yet, but next month I expect that those that aren't up and running will be, so I should be able to complete my rounds. So far I've visited Hills, Prairie Creek, Lemme, Wood, Mount Vernon, Hiawatha and Vernon Schools. There is a round of kit trainings coming up in January, which may prevent me from getting to as many as I'd like, but after that I would love to make being at the schools my top priority. I want to help the sites add some career components to their activities, and see what other suggestions I can make for resources. I don't want to merely take up space in this job...I will never be satisfied until I feel that I have contributed something....and I'm working hard to try to get there.