This is a blog of a journey through the year I put forth my energies to enhance the experiences of youth today in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Mount Vernon
I received a nice thank you e-mail from one of the teachers in Mount Vernon. When I went to the training they were attending last week (Water) I noticed that they wanted a booklet like the one Cedar Rapids had available so they didn't have to hand out each activity. I went to the FOSS website and did a 'print screen' on each page and pasted them into a Power Point in order, and made a journal page (lined) to go in between each one, and made a cover. They have LCD projectors, so they can even show the Power Point one page per activity as they direct the students. I love helping people be more efficient in the classroom. I know the value of that from the other side. I also made a story starter called, "My Life as a Drop of Water" so the kids would have a venue for applying their knowledge of the water cycle through creative writing.