Today I met with Jeanne and Erica about the VAST website toolkits. Jeanne gave me a background on how the toolkits began, and then gave me a list of things she'd like me to do to improve the toolkits. I'm honored to do that, because it is a worthy cause which directly improves instruction, and I'm thrilled that I get to learn from Jeanne and Erica. They're both really quality science thinkers, and any time spent with them is time I get to improve my own knowledge. It was a great meeting and I believe that I understand what I am charged to do. I also felt 'listened to' when I had ideas, which makes me feel even more fired up to do things, because I feel like what I have to offer matters.
I didn't feel well at all today, which slowed me down a bit this afternoon. I did get some work done, and stuck it out until 4:30 (which wasn't easy to do with my head pounding). I feel like I did my best. I continue to try to get organized so that I can be effective and efficient. I collected information on science conferences I'll be attending, contacts I need to keep track of, registration materials and organized the toolkit notes. I also installed a printer so that I could print in the other building. I have needed to do that several times and couldn't.