Today I left at 6:15 to get to Washington, Iowa for Christopher's in-service. They began with an all-staff meeting at the high school. The curriculum director told them that they'd be working on curriculum, and then the superintendent told a football story and they were done with that. Then they broke out into curricular areas and we drove to the Jr. High to work on science curriculum. Christopher gave an overview of the Iowa Core and the purpose of standards (he did a really good job) and then they had time to write in their standards and benchmarks.
I left somewhere around noon and went back to Grant Wood where I worked on my list of things to do. These included going to Human Resources to fix my name spelling problem, working on a draft of the e-mail to change the Nov.4 to 8 meeting (and sending it to Jim for approval) and talking to Jeanne about budget, calendar, going to Kansas, Des Moines and Ames for meetings and training EIE. I put the figures for grant money onto the OSO site.
Tomorrow I will go at noon and work till 7:30 (I'm going to a Smart Board class).
I'm looking forward to learning about that.