Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September 28

I had a good day getting organized for tomorrow. I get to meet all of the previous teachers-in-residence, and I wanted to use my time well with Yukiko so I made a list of my questions and a pile of my documents. She's going to meet me over here at 6th Street first.

I made contact with Susan Noreuil from Coe, who is in charge of Coe's Science Olympiad Tournament. I wanted to get a website to which I could refer people (and I want to give these brochures to the TIR's in hopes of getting them to the right people tomorrow). I also left a message with Sara Larkin to set up our schedule for working together (EIE for the Braille program).

Jeanne suggested reading Strengths 2.0, so I did that Sunday, and learned that my strengths are these:

Strategic
Ideation
Connectedness
Maximizer
Intellection

It is my hope that I build upon these strengths as a TIR and use them to my potential. In the if I am ever in charge of mentoring, teaching, or leading, I would like to know the strengths of those with whom I am working so I can maximize their potential. It is the way I teach students and it is also the way I'd like to lead adults. I do believe we have a lot of strengths that won't be identified or labeled that I don't want to miss out on by focusing too narrowly, however. It is a great place to start, though.