Yesterday I didn't write in my Blog because I got home very late after a Smart Board class. The gals teaching the class were amazing. They had obviously used the Smart Boards a lot as well as knowing the technology because of their automaticity in the use of them. I can see that teachers would need a lot of practice time to be able to use a Smart Board effectively in the classroom, but with that expertise would come some great lessons that would hold the interest of students in the 21st century. This is no time in the world to be afraid or unwilling to grow with technology. It's exciting, fun, efficient and amazing.
Today I went to a class about General Education Intervention Plans. I like being kept up to date on what is going on in education. I was disappointed that none of my district was there except for De Wagner. That kind of initiative will take administrative support. I hope they are going to another session of it. I like the fact that people are becoming more aware of individual needs and differences in the classroom.
This afternoon I learned a lot about filling out forms. Grant Wood has some serious protocol for going to classes or events. The science team has a lot of events scheduled for October. I think it will be an exciting month!!! I've never been to any science conferences, and I get to go to 3, plus the Washington DC Science Expo. I'm feeling very fortunate!! I had chances to go to some exciting things when I did my National Boards, and I did go to state events, but I didn't have the money to go to some of the bigger things. It is my hope that these experiences will guide me to the role meant for me, whatever that may be.